29 June 2014

Food Review : Restoran Balikpapan Seafood,Tawau


I intended to post this review some time after the previous food review but something came up so I had to step away from blogging for a couple of months to get the blogging spirit back. I might not recall the correct name of the dishes/drinks since my memory has fogged up a bit. 

***

I came to eat lunch here at random actually. Didn't have any exact places where I wanted to eat but it turns out to be a decent dining experience. 

Es Jakarta. 
Before ordering this, I don't know how it was supposed to look or taste like but the name sounds so inviting I had to find out. It tasted no differently than other ABC but the toppings certainly made a difference. Its a good idea to have plain water on the side because the sweetness might be too much for some people.


ABC Pulut Cendol (name may not be correct lol)
The pulut gave an interesting taste to this dessert which makes it delicious. I recommend this for first-timers to the restaurant especially if you enjoy pulut. 

Ayam Masak Merah.
Not exactly the kind of ayam masak merah that I had in mind but it was good.

Ikan Bahulu (boneless)
Delicious. Especially with lime drizzled on top. Order this individually because sharing might not be enough cos its that good haha

The restaurant is a humble place. Nothing fancy schmancy but their food speaks for their reputation. 
You can find this restaurant on a commercial area at Jalan Budi (in between Jalan Kuhara, if you're coming from the main traffic lights at Jalan Sin Onn-Apas and Jalan St Patrick, if you're coming from the Fajar Complex).

Since its Ramadhan, I think this would be one of the nice places to break fast with friends.

Oh and with that,
Happy fasting to all my Muslim friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment